It’s that season when time is of a premium. You probably fall into one of two categories:
- 1. You must spend every waking moment in your sewing room because you have so many gifts to complete…OR
- 2. You have so much shopping and cooking, you won’t see your sewing room until 2014.
Even when I am extremely busy, I try to spend at least 15 minutes/day quilting or sewing. If I don’t…I get…well…cranky…
If I only have 15 minutes for sewing, I usually spend it:
- Cleaning and Organizing-even this feels creative. I usually find things I have lost or forgotten-like this fish quilt. (It was buried in a pile of “Tuesday Tutorials”! ) If my sewing room is not clean, 15 minutes is not enough time to sew–it takes that long to find everything and to move things around so there is room to work.
- Making small “Quilt Sandwiches”--If I have a stack of these in different sizes and colors all ready to stitch, I feel rich! I love when I have an assortment ready and waiting!
- Trying a new motif–If my sewing studio is clean and I have a few quilt sandwiches ready to go, then 15 minutes is enough time to try a new motif that I have been doodling
- Doodling-15 minutes is just enough time to sit and doodle and practice a new motif…For a few ideas, see the Red Apple Link or click HERE.
I’d love to hear!