I call this the Spiral Lollipop Flower (read more here) and it’s easy…One step at a time:
1. Start at the base, sew a stem and begin the spiral:
2. Continue spiraling inward and stop in the middle.
3. Reverse directions and spiral outward until you are back at the stem.
4. I often make a complete circle around the spiral flower, then return down the stem to make the leaves.
The Basic Spiral Lollipop Flower
The Messy Spiral Lollipop (I actually prefer the messy version)
With added embellishments-EASY!
With more EASY embellishments….
These are all easy flowers! Messy is just as good (if not better) than the basic flower, so don’t worry–just keep stitching.
Practice, practice, practice…the key to creating the motor planning in your brain for FMQ.
Next Week-I have a small project planned employing these darling flowers!
- DO the Spiral! (theinboxjaunt.com)