Good Morning, Quilters and Owl-Lovers!
I hope you had fun doodling and free motion quilting yesterday’s tutorial: Olivia’s Owls. They were a lot of fun! (I will try to add a Fox and a Raccoon to our Woodland Animals…but it will take some time to create a suitable design.)
Today, we have a real treat from our friend, Peggy Aare. Peggy is offering the Great Horned Owl paper piecing pattern FREE to readers of The Inbox Jaunt! Thank you, Peggy! This pattern is based on a photo Peggy took of the gorgeous bird while attending a Raptor Banding course in her home state of Wisconsin. (Obviously, Peggy is a lady with many interests and many talents!)
NOTES AND TIPS FROM PEGGY
- The first attachment has two pages that describe the borders for a 60″ x 65″ quilt with the owl at the center.
- The second attachment (24 pages) has the color chart, the triangle template, a one-page line drawing, the full-sized (32″ x 28″ line drawing), and reversed paper piecing templates for the face details.
- Quilters may not need to print all the pages, but just use them as a reference.
- Quilters should use the full-sized line drawing for the basis of the paper piecing templates.
- The shapes are all the same: equilateral triangles that finish at 4″ on a side. Piece them individually and then assemble as you would for a normal patchwork project, in strips or in blocks.
- The iris and pupil need to be appliqued.. Templates included.
FABRIC ON SPOONFLOWER
Peggy has also created a “cheater fabric” of this owl on Spoonflower. It is not quite ready for sale at Spoonflower. If you are interested in this, contact Peggy directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to check out all of Peggy’s fabulous paper piecing designs at WisconsinQuilting.wordpress.com!
MEANDER NO MORE
AND be sure to sign up for Meander No More: Learn to Free Motion Quilt With Confidence featuring Yours, Truly…
There’s something for everyone in this course…beginners and advanced quilters, and long armers and mid-arm quilters–tips and tricks about thread, choosing fabric, doodling…
The Live Webinar is on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 12:00CST…but you don’t have to see it live to sign up!
PS…Today’s pattern is the property of Peggy Aare at WisconsinQuilting.wordpress.com. and is intended for personal use only. Feel free to share with attribution to The Inbox Jaunt or Wisconsin Quilting. For any other use, please contact Peggy at email@example.com. Thanks!