WEDDING WEEK SCHEDULE CHANGES
Happy Monday, Quilters! It’s Wedding week here. I will be busy with final details and nowhere near my computer! I planned to have the Tuesday Tutorials scheduled for posting, but that never happened. Please forgive me…the next Tuesday Tutorial will be on June 3.
…there’s plenty of programming here at The Inbox Jaunt so be sure to check in regularly.
Also you can follow the festivities on The Inbox Jaunt: Instagram HERE
PAPER PIECED MOTHER’S DAY HYDRANGEAS
Today, we have a gorgeous hexagon rendition of the Mother’s Day Hydrangeas. Peggy never ceases to amaze me! I wish there were more hours in a day and more days in a week…Another project for…AFTER The Wedding!
NOTES FROM PEGGY:
- The hexagons, if used the size they print out, are 4″ from tip to tip.
- The full project will be 24″ x 34″ using 18 different fabrics.
- The hexagons, of course, can be reduced to any size and the internal fracturing can be simplified.
- The hexagons are meant to be paper pieced individually and then either hand sewn or machine pieced.
- There are several files attached — hoping to satisfy those who asked for more details.
- The flower portion of the pieced hexagons do not have to be strictly pieced according to the pattern, but the window edge and vase edge and its shadow will look most convincing if they are carefully sewn and aligned according to the pattern pieces.
- The paper piecing PDF is 24 pages long and includes each hexagon, full-sized.
- The pieces are laid out in horizontal rows, the print-out assumes I meant for them to be sewn that way and indicates horizontal strips of hexes, but of course that’s not probably the way most would choose to assemble.
Hydrangea Color Chart HERE (Two pages)
Paper Piecing REVERSED Template with Color Cues–HERE (24 Pages)
Hydrangea Piecing Sequence HERE (One page)
Please join me in a round of applause for Peggy!
Thank you. Thank you!
PS…All images, tutorials and information are intended for personal use only. For any other purpose, please contact Peggy at PaperPiecingHeartland@gmail.com.